Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy dinner for two that won't heat your kitchen up as it cooks very quickly. Easily doubled for 4 if you have a large skillet. Boneless salmon fillets can be substituted for salmon steaks if you hate picking out the bones.
- In a skillet (that has a lid), place orange juice, honey, and finely grated ginger; stir well to combine and bring to a boil.
- When boiling, add the salmon steaks, cover, and reduce heat so that the liquid mixture barely bubbles.
- Cook for 10 minutes, turning salmon after 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, with a sharp knife, cut bottom and top off of orange and place on a cutting board; following the curves of the orange, cut off peel; cut into thin slices.
- Remove salmon to dinner plates, turn heat to high, and cook liquids in pan until reduced by half; pour over salmon.
- Garnish with orange slices and serve.
Lennie! Terrific recipe! Hubby was so happy with his birthday dinner. I'm glad I bought an extra piece of salmon so we have leftovers. LOVED the sauce. Wouldn't change a thing. Next time I'll use the juicer though instead of squeezing the oranges by hand! THANX!
Delicious! Fantastic! I was very distracted while I was cooking and didn't even time it (probably cooked way too long!) and it still turned out great!! I did marinate the salmon in some orange juice, teriyaki marinade and soy sauce for a couple hours...but wow - what a great recipe! Thanks!
This was great, i did add 2 garlic cloves finely minced with the orange, honey and ginger in step one. Fantastic combination of flavours...great blend. Thank you so much