Recipe by Lennie
An easy dinner for two that won't heat your kitchen up as it cooks very quickly. Easily doubled for 4 if you have a large skillet. Boneless salmon fillets can be substituted for salmon steaks if you hate picking out the bones.
Top Review by Babyoil
Lennie! Terrific recipe! Hubby was so happy with his birthday dinner. I'm glad I bought an extra piece of salmon so we have leftovers. LOVED the sauce. Wouldn't change a thing. Next time I'll use the juicer though instead of squeezing the oranges by hand! THANX!
- 1 cup orange juice, preferably freshly-squeezed
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated gingerroot
- 2 salmon steaks, 1 inch thick (about 1/2 lb total)
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced thinly
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet (that has a lid), place orange juice, honey, and finely grated ginger; stir well to combine and bring to a boil.
- When boiling, add the salmon steaks, cover, and reduce heat so that the liquid mixture barely bubbles.
- Cook for 10 minutes, turning salmon after 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, with a sharp knife, cut bottom and top off of orange and place on a cutting board; following the curves of the orange, cut off peel; cut into thin slices.
- Remove salmon to dinner plates, turn heat to high, and cook liquids in pan until reduced by half; pour over salmon.
- Garnish with orange slices and serve.