- 1 chicken
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 lime, quartered
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Rinse your chicken well, inside and out and dry thoroughly with a paper towel.
- Stuff the cavity with the quartered lime, onion and the garlic.
- Rub the olive oil all over the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in a roasting tin and place in the middle of your preheated oven.
- Roasting time depends on size of chicken.
- Roast for 20 mins per lb plus an extra 20 minutes for the whole chicken (example: 4 lb chicken: 4x20+20=1hr40mins).
- Using the juices from the roasting tin, baste the chicken every 30 mins to stop it from drying out.
- While the chicken is roasting mix the lime juice, honey and parika in a small bowl.
- 30 mins before your chicken will be done take it out of the oven and brush with the lime& honey glaze.
- Return to the oven to finish roasting, at the end of the roasting time make sure all juices run clear by inserting a skewer into the thickest part of the thigh.