1/3 Photos of Easy Honey & Lime Roast Chicken
A beginners recipe for roast chicken. The glaze gives it a subtle honey & lime flavour. I also do my turkey at Christmas like this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- 2Rinse your chicken well, inside and out and dry thoroughly with a paper towel.
- 3Stuff the cavity with the quartered lime, onion and the garlic.
- 4Rub the olive oil all over the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Place the chicken in a roasting tin and place in the middle of your preheated oven.
- 6Roasting time depends on size of chicken.
- 7Roast for 20 mins per lb plus an extra 20 minutes for the whole chicken (example: 4 lb chicken: 4x20+20=1hr40mins).
- 8Using the juices from the roasting tin, baste the chicken every 30 mins to stop it from drying out.
- 9While the chicken is roasting mix the lime juice, honey and parika in a small bowl.
- 1030 mins before your chicken will be done take it out of the oven and brush with the lime& honey glaze.
- 11Return to the oven to finish roasting, at the end of the roasting time make sure all juices run clear by inserting a skewer into the thickest part of the thigh.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Honey & Lime Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (720 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1311.7
- Calories from Fat 741
- Total Fat 82.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 340.1 mg
- Sodium 328.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 40.9 g
- Protein 87.1 g