Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
This recipe came from a booklet from the Dairy Farmers of Canada. It's easy and impressive. If you don't have Brie cheese on hand, the following may be used for a change of taste: Havarti, Mozzarella. Cheddar or Gouda.
- In saucepan, melt butter and cook cranberries over medium heat. Add honey and continue cooking until cranberries are soft and honey has thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a wide, shallow dish, beat eggs with sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Melt butter in 2 large non-stick pans to coat pans.
- Dip each slice of bread into egg mixture, several seconds per side. Bread should be well-coated but not saturated. Cook immediately, 3 - 5 minutes per side, depending on thickness and desired level of doneness.
- Arrange as follows on 4 serving plates; honey-cranberry sauce on plate then 1 slice french toast, top with sliced brie and cranberries, another piece of french toast, top with honey cranberries plus an artfully placed wedge of brie and a nice drizzle of sauce.
- Serve with warm honey if desired.
- NOTE: French toast may be prepared ahead and reheated in oven. Honey Cranberries may be served cold or re-heated in microwave oven. Also, Honey Cranberries may be frozen and thawed.
Made your recipe as written & really enjoyed the combo of these berries & the brie, AND the honey cranberries itself is OUTSTANDING! Definitely will be remaking these during the up-coming winter holidays, too ~ Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted orphans in the current Pick A Chef]