1/1 Photo of Easy Honey Barbecue Chicken Drumsticks
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe is just as delicious using any part of the chicken! I have even added in some grape jelly and ketchup to the tomato sauce and couple of seeded jalapeno peppers for heat, you can adjust the sauce to the sweetness that you desire.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 lbs chicken legs (skin on or off)
- seasoning salt
- oil (for frying)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 medium green bell peppers, seeded and sliced (optional)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (or to taste) (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard (optional)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -4 teaspoons paprika
- hot pepper sauce
- 1Season chicken legs with seasoning salt and pepper.
- 2In a fry pan with oil, brown the chicken legs on all sides.
- 3Place the chicken legs in a greased casserole dish.
- 4Sprinkle with chopped onions and garlic (if using).
- 5In a bowl combine all remaining ingredients; mix well, and then pour over the chicken (mix slightly to coat the chicken legs).
- 6Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 40-45 minutes, or until the chicken legs are done.
- 7*Note* if you find that the sauce is too thin at the end of cooking, place the chicken in a large bowl, and transfer the sauce to a saucepan to boil down and reduce slightly for about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Honey Barbecue Chicken Drumsticks
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 713.2
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 251.2 mg
- Sodium 754.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 29.8 g
- Protein 56.6 g