Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is really quick and easy to make, and I posted variations as well -- Maple Pecan and Molasses Walnut. Very healthy, and it smells wonderful straight out of the oven! We eat it mixed with vanilla yogurt, or just as a snack.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- Put brown sugar, oil and honey in large bowl, microwave for 30 seconds, then mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Pour oats, nuts, and seeds on top of the mixture and mix everything well.
- Line a large baking pan with aluminum foil and spray the foil lightly with spray oil. Spread the mixture evenly onto this pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for 20 - 30 minutes. Stir well after the first 10 minutes and then at 5 minute intervals until everything is lightly browned.
- Let cool (watch out -- the nuts are HOT when they first come out of the oven) and store in airtight bags or containers.