Recipe by Kimke
This sounds so interesting I am dying to try it! Prep time is fermenting time.
Top Review by mksikora
This was so much fun to make! I made it with all organic ingredients and used the resulting wine for my May Day punch. I added dried Sweet Woodruff and fresh strawberries and it was delightful! It's definitely a more rustic wine, not a crystal-clear table wine, but I was happy to have an organic wine with no added sulfites. No one reported a hangover from this wine!
- 13 (32 ounce) bottles white grape juice
- 1 1⁄2 gallons filtered water
- 7 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 package yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour grape juice into 5-gallon container.
- Bring water and sugar to a boil until sugar is melted.
- Let cool.
- Pour into container.
- Add 1 pkg yeast (activating beforehand is optional).
- Close with airlock stopper.
- Allow to ferment for 3 weeks in a sanitized 5-gallon container.
- After 1 additional week, bottle.