Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A simple way to make your own wine at home. Experiment with different flavors! In addition to the ingredients listed below, you will need one good balloon.
- 1 gallon fruit juice, any flavor
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
- 4 cups sugar
- Pour the package of yeast and the sugar into the gallon of fruit juice and mix thoroughly (put the cap on and shake it).
- Uncap the bottle, poke one tiny hole in the balloon with a pin, then secure the balloon over the opening of the bottle.
- Set aside in a dark place. The balloon will rise over time. Wait until the balloon is deflated once again, this will take weeks.
- Siphon into bottles or mason jars (leave the gunk at the bottom of the gallon container) and cap securely until you're ready to drink it.
This looks like a fun idea to try.