8 hrs 5 mins
This is my own version of my mom's recipe, tweaked to suit my (and my husband's) taste. We prefer this tomato broth instead of adding beef broth, but I suppose that would work, too. You can also add fresh veggies- I used canned because I always have the right combination on hand. There's nothing better than coming home on a cold day and smelling this soup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes or 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 (20 ounce) cans Veg-All, homestyle (large chunks of mixed veggies)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato sauce (or equal amount ketchup)
- 1 lb stew meat, cut into chunks (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1Place stew meat in bottom of crockpot, add dried onion and Mrs.
- 3Dump in the canned vegetables and tomato sauce, top with cilantro.
- 4Fill the crockpot the rest of the way with water.
- 5Cover and cook on low all day (8 hours or more).
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Homemade Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.4
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 890.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 9.1 g