Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Again, this ice cream recipe doesn't need an ice cream freezer. Just stick in the fridge, wait 6 hours, then mack out. I got these ice cream recipes out of my Quick and Easy Desserts booklet dated 1988. Tried and true and the kids love it.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped (do NOT use non-dairy whipped topping)
- 1 cup coarsely crushed Oreo cookies (12 cookies)
- In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks and vanilla; mix well.
- Fold in whipped cream and cookies.
- Pour into 9 x 5 inch loaf pan or other 2-quart container; cover.
- Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I have been making this ice cream for over thirty years and it has always come out perfectly.
This tasted just as good as the store bought ones but with ingredints we usually have on hand.
Excellent and easy to do