Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My Mother Blanche made this recipe back in the 40's and I continue to make it for myself and family. Written by DH Doug
- 15 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- One can (15 ounces) diced or crushed tomatoes in a pot.
- Fill the tomato can with milk and add to the pot.
- 1 teaspoons baking soda.
- 2 TBS. sugar, or to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- 2 TBS. butter.
- Heat, eat and enjoy!
- DO NOT BOIL.
It was really good. I added tomatoes with garlic and onions to it also for added flavor. It was a hit every one loved it!