Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious & easy! Is DEMANDED for every barbecue or potluck we attend.
- 1 (14 ounce) box Mac n' Cheese Deluxe (Cheese sauce is premade)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Prepare macaroni according to package.
- No need to rinse.
- Pour in large mixing bowl.
- Add sauce packet, sour cream, milk, and 2 cups of the cheese.
- Pour in casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375F for about an hour or until nicely browned.
This so, so easy and really good! We didn't find it bland at all. I added seasoned, buttered bread crumbs to the top. This is a good basic recipe that can be tweaked to your own taste. Thanks for sharing!
*Edited to add that this has become one of the most requested recipes I have. It is always a huge hit where ever I take it. I've made it countless times now.
Excellant recipe. Everyone who tried it said it tasted like their mothers when they were growing up. I is such an easy recipe.
Our boys are very picky eaters even with Mac and Cheese, they loved it. Very easy.