Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is short cut way of making delicious homemade ravioli. Serve with your favorite sauce and more grated cheese.
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, drained well
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, drained well
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl mix Ricotta, spinach, egg yolk and parmesan cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 1/2 tablespoon of filling in the center of the wonton wrapper.
- Moisten edges of wonton wrapper with water.
- Fold into a triangle.
- Press edges to seal.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- Drop 12 Ravioli into boiling water at a time.
- Cook until ravioli floats.
- Drain well.
3 stars for good. I followed the recipe exactly, and since it wasn't exceptional, I will test out more recipes on food.com. Thank you though!
I love the idea of using wonton wrappers! I used fat free ricotta, omitted the spinach, and added basil and sun dried tomatoes. They turned out great and were so simple!
Easy and Beautiful!
Made this with my boyfriend for Valentines day (with a few additions) and it was absolutely YUMMY!
Filling: Substituted frozen spinach with fresh bok choy (sliced) and added a few leaves of fresh basil (sliced).
Wontons: We tried it out and one wonton wrapper was just too thin for us, so we stuck two wrappers together with egg white (or water) and success! Boiled ravioli for.. 10-12mins.
Sauce: Served with shrimp in a super easy butter and cream sauce on top. Recipe: Sautee chives, onions, garlic and salt and pepper to taste in olive oil on medium fire. Lay shrimp on bed of sauteed seasoning and add about two tablespoons of butter to the middle of the pan. Cover. When the butter has melted, add some heavy cream (two or so turns of the pan) and cover. Let simmer on a low fire til you're ready to serve.
My boyfriend absolutely loved it. A beautiful recipe.. I love beautiful food!