Prep 1 min
Cook 45 mins
Just like the real thing, don't just use this for ice cream, drizzle it on top of frozen desserts--- I would strongly suggest to only use margarine for this, I have made it with butter in the past and the butter overpowers the flavor ;-)
- 158.51 ml peanut butter chips (semi heaping, or use semi-sweet chocolate chips or use half of each) or 158.51 ml chocolate chips (semi heaping, or use semi-sweet chocolate chips or use half of each)
- 29.58 ml stick margarine
- 14.78 ml vegetable oil or 14.78 ml canola oil
- Place all ingredients into a microwave-safe bowl (I use my 2-cup pyrex measuring cup for this).
- Microwave on high for about 45 seconds; remove and stir until blended and smooth.
- Let sit for about 1 minute before using on ice cream or frozen pies (it's that easy lol!).
- This will harden when combined with frozen ingredients.
This really does work! I used butter because margarine is nothing but junk. Did you know that margarine never spoils and flys won't even land on it? I don't buy margarine. I also used coconut oil instead because my doctor is trying to get me to incorporate it into my diet. If she knew I used it in chocolate sauce for ice cream she would lose her mind. HaHaHa. But it did work. I just reheated it tonight and it still was great.
This was fantastic. We used peanut butter chips. I can't wait to try it with butterscotch chips. I used margarine and instead of the oil I used coconut oil like someone else suggested. It was really good and hardened up really nicely.
It worked great! We used it on rice crispy treats that were frozen first then dipped them. Yum!