Recipe by Angela Curtis
This is from "The Natural Gourmet" by Annemarie Colbin. It's supposed to be foolproof, and I guess it must be because it came out right for me the first time. If you don't like the idea of using all extra virgin olive oil then you can follow the original recipe's recommendation of 3/4 cup cold pressed soy or sunflower oil and 1/4 cup extra virgin. This isn't going to come out white, btw.
- 1 egg (preferably organic or free range)
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar or 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine egg, mustard, salt, juice, and vinegar in a blender.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until well mixed.
- Run the blender at low speed and add the oil very slowly.
- Once the mixture emulsifies (about the last 1/3 cup of oil) you can add the oil more quickly.
- Put into a jar and refrigerate.