Recipe by FaithfulCookInNC
This is a recipe from my grandmother that I have been making for years.
Top Review by KayKayPuff
I liked it a lot, but my husband prefers another one that I make off here. It turned out very creamy. Only problem I had with it was that in spots you could taste the egg, but that may have just been error on my part. Next time tho, I will try it with only 3 eggs.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 4 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Mix milk, season salt and eggs together.
- Layer macaroni and then cheese in deep rectangular baking dish.
- Pour milk mixture over layers of macaroni and cheese.
- Cut butter into pats and put on top of macaroni.
- Cook for 35 to 40 minutes or until mixture is not runny.
- Allow to cool before serving.