Recipe by Tina D. Breen
The VERY BEST mac 'n cheese recipe I have found. Cheesy and creamy, I like to use the extra sharp cheddar cheese. I have also used this recipe as the base for mac n' cheese casseroles with added meats and veggies for potlucks.
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, cut up
- 1 cup kraft shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked, drained
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- Mix milk and eggs in large bowl.
- Add butter, red pepper, prepared cheese product and cheddar cheese.
- Stir in macaroni; mix lightly.
- POUR into 1-1/2-quart casserole.
- BAKE 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Bake for 5 more minutes.