Recipe by Nana Lee
Use this easy recipe to make vanilla ice cream, or add your favorite flavors to it. Again you could adjust this to the size of your ice cream maker. Also, the "cooking" time depends on your ice cream maker. You could use this recipe as a basic and add other flavors such as pureed fruits. You could also add nuts or other goodies. SEE NOTE.
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine ingredients; mix well.
- Pour into ice cream freezer container.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Freeze leftovers.
- If you bring the liquids to a simmer is makes a smoother ice cream.
- Also, if you chill the mixture for 4 - 24 hours, it will also increase the flavor.
- Fresh Fruit Ice Cream:
- Reduce half-and-half to 1 cup.
- Add 1 cup pureed or mashed fruit (bananas, peaches, strawberries, etc.) and few drops food coloring if desired.
- Proceed as above.