Recipe by pinkie
This recipe is from Paula Deen's show on FoodTV. It is SO simple, creamy and delicious. It doesn't make much, so you may want to double recipe for more servings.
Top Review by hojo
I thought this was great and my husband and friend liked this as well. I was a little disappointed when 6 hours later, it didn't turn out as well as I thought! The flavors didn't really blend together, it was a little too vanilla-y until 24 hours later....then it was good! So it needed a day for me for the flavors. Thanks for posting the recipe, I'm glad I can make ice cream without using an ice cream machine!
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate sandwich style cookies, coarsely crushed
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and stir in the condensed milk and vanilla.
- Fold in the crushed cookies and whipped cream.
- Pour mixture into a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan lined with foil.
- Cover and freeze for 6 hours or until firm.
- To serve, scoop ice cream from pan or cut into slices.