1/1 Photo of Easy Homemade Beefy Macaroni
Knitting Granny's Note:
This tastes so much better than any canned or frozen Beef-A-Roni, and it's so easy to make! This recipe makes a lot and I freeze individual portions for quick lunches/dinners down the road. If you don't want such a large quantity, the recipe is easily halved. Oh, and P.S. - as with most recipes of this type, it tastes even better the second day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef (or use ground turkey or even ground chicken)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped (or press through a garlic press)
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, whirled in blender for just a few seconds (should resemble "chunky" tomato juice)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt (if using table salt, use about 1 tsp.)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1 3/4 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1Cook ground meat in a large Dutch oven type pot over medium heat, breaking meat apart during cooking.
- 2Drain off any accumulated grease or fat.
- 3Add and stir in onion, garlic, salt, chili powder, tomatoes and chicken broth.
- 4Cook about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is no longer "crunchy".
- 5Stir in the macaroni and continue cooking for about 12 minutes or until pasta is just al dente.
- 6Turn off the heat so macaroni doesn't contine to cook and get all mushy.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Homemade Beefy Macaroni
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.7
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 55.2 mg
- Sodium 617.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 23.1 g