Recipe by Pam-I-Am
I had a few granny smith apples leftover from a baking project and wanted an apple sauce recipe that only used 3 or 4 apples. This one is perfect for that! You can either have it with or without the cinnamon added. Takes very little time on stovetop to make.
- 4 large green apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄4 cup water
- cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, add peeled, cored and chopped apples, butter, sugar, lemon rind and water.
- Cook over low heat stirring frequently, until apples are soft and pulpy.
- Mash with a potato masher.
- Sprinkle in a little cinnamon if you like and stir. (careful ~ a little goes a long way).
- Serve warm or chill in refrigerator to serve later.