Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love almond roca!! I found this copycat recipe at massrecipes.com and it tastes exactly like the real thing to me! Mmmmm.
- Over Medium heat, melt butter in a large pot.
- Add corn syrup, water and sugar to pot and cook until temp reaches 290 degrees OR until the mixture becomes the color of a brown paper bag (about 15-20 minutes) stirring constantly with a wooden spoon (mixture will rise and bubble quite a bit).
- Remove from heat and Stir in 1/2 of the Almonds.
- Turn mixture onto a greased cookie sheet WITH EDGES!
- While the mixture is cooling, melt the chocolate over low flame until all the chips are gone, and chocolate is smooth.
- Score the Almond butter mixture into the shape you desire (I just scored into rectangle shapes).
- Pour the hot chocolate over the almond mixture and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with remaining almonds and allow candy to cool completely and chocolate to harden before breaking apart and serving.
- Note: I let mine refrigerate over night after breaking the into squares, and they had a better texture this way, we thought.
where it says sugar it actually means brown sugar white sugar will only brown if you burn it also may not harden up to a candy consistency. so again use brown sugar not white or granulated sugar.
This is the best homemade almond roca recipe I have found. It is easy to make and comes with great directions. Thanks for sharing!
I would give this 10 stars if it was possible!! This recipe is sooo yummy and easy to make! I made it for the first time, and it was unbelievably delicious! Everyone loved it! Thank you for sharing this recipe!!