1/5 Photos of Easy Homemade Almond Roca
Juju Bee's Note:
I love almond roca!! I found this copycat recipe at massrecipes.com and it tastes exactly like the real thing to me! Mmmmm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Over Medium heat, melt butter in a large pot.
- 2Add corn syrup, water and sugar to pot and cook until temp reaches 290 degrees OR until the mixture becomes the color of a brown paper bag (about 15-20 minutes) stirring constantly with a wooden spoon (mixture will rise and bubble quite a bit).
- 3Remove from heat and Stir in 1/2 of the Almonds.
- 4Turn mixture onto a greased cookie sheet WITH EDGES!
- 5While the mixture is cooling, melt the chocolate over low flame until all the chips are gone, and chocolate is smooth.
- 6Score the Almond butter mixture into the shape you desire (I just scored into rectangle shapes).
- 7Pour the hot chocolate over the almond mixture and spread evenly.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining almonds and allow candy to cool completely and chocolate to harden before breaking apart and serving.
- 9Note: I let mine refrigerate over night after breaking the into squares, and they had a better texture this way, we thought.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Homemade Almond Roca
Serving Size: 1 (1449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.0
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 29.1 mg
- Sodium 111.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 1.6 g