Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very easy recipe for home fries that I got from my dad! It takes approximately 20 minutes from start to finish and you can season them however you like. I'll list the ingredients for rosemary and garlic potatoes.
- 6 medium red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- Scrub the potatoes to clean them, then chop them into bite-sized pieces.
- Place all potato pieces onto a microwave-safe plate and cover with plastic wrap. Place plate in the microwave and cook for approximately 4 minutes (on the standard setting, which I believe is "high").
- While the potatoes are cooking in the microwave, place a griddle (or frying pan) on the stove top and turn the burner(s) on to medium heat. Add a small amount (1 tablespoon) of olive oil to the pan.
- When the potatoes are done in the microwave, carefully remove hot plate and take off plastic wrap. Watch out for steam. Drizzle the rest of the olive oil over the potatoes and then sprinkle the dried rosemary and garlic powder over them.
- When the griddle is heated, dump the potatoes onto it. After 2-3 minutes flip them over using a spatula. Continue to flip and stir them every couple of minutes as they cook, until they are done to your tastes. I usually leave them on for a total of 10 minutes.
- Remove from griddle and serve.
I use your method of microwaving the potatos, easier and tastier for frying! Thanks for this simple and tasty recipe.