This is a very easy recipe for home fries that I got from my dad! It takes approximately 20 minutes from start to finish and you can season them however you like. I'll list the ingredients for rosemary and garlic potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub the potatoes to clean them, then chop them into bite-sized pieces.
- 2Place all potato pieces onto a microwave-safe plate and cover with plastic wrap. Place plate in the microwave and cook for approximately 4 minutes (on the standard setting, which I believe is "high").
- 3While the potatoes are cooking in the microwave, place a griddle (or frying pan) on the stove top and turn the burner(s) on to medium heat. Add a small amount (1 tablespoon) of olive oil to the pan.
- 4When the potatoes are done in the microwave, carefully remove hot plate and take off plastic wrap. Watch out for steam. Drizzle the rest of the olive oil over the potatoes and then sprinkle the dried rosemary and garlic powder over them.
- 5When the griddle is heated, dump the potatoes onto it. After 2-3 minutes flip them over using a spatula. Continue to flip and stir them every couple of minutes as they cook, until they are done to your tastes. I usually leave them on for a total of 10 minutes.
- 6Remove from griddle and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Home Fries
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.9
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 59.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 6.5 g