Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Hey, the holidays only come once a year and that means eggnog is only available for a very short time every year. This is a great recipe to extend some of that goodness into a tasty breakfast!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups eggnog
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg if desired.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, eggnog and butter.
- Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubble form on top. Cook until second side is golder brown.
I doubled this recipe to have in the freezer for a quick breakfast but they turned out a little bit too salty from all the baking powder. There wasn't much eggnogg flavor to them.
These were good - very nice flavor. Our eggnog was quite thick. The pancakes were a bit heavy. Next time I might thin the batter with some milk. I did end up adding extra eggnog to the batter.
These may be my favorite pancakes ever. The eggnog provides a great backgound for the batter. Both times making them, I had to add a bit more eggnog to the batter, from 1/4 c. to 1/2 c. I also added a 1/2 tsp. vanilla. They were part of my Christmas brunch and were enjoyed by everybody.