Recipe by Redsie
Have got to try them for Christmas morning!! From King Arthur Flour website.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Yum! These muffins are absolutely gorgeous, perfect high domed tops with a streusel topping. Delicious, too. The King Arthur Flour people really know how to bake:) Only change I made was to oil my muffin tins. This worked well, I just ran a knife around the muffin before removing from pan. Made 12 perfect regular-sized muffins. Perfect with coffee for breakfast. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon eggnog flavoring or 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups eggnog or 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon eggnog, flavor (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425°F Line a muffin tin with 12 paper or silicone muffin cups, and grease the cups with non-stick vegetable oil spray; this will ensure that they peel off the muffins nicely.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar till smooth. Add the eggs, beating for several minutes and scraping the bowl, till the mixture is smooth and light colored. Beat in the baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and eggnog flavor or vanilla.
- Stir the flour into the butter mixture alternately with the eggnog or half and half, beginning and ending with the flour and making sure everything is thoroughly combined. Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups.
- Stir together all of the topping ingredients JUST till crumbly. Stir gently, and don't overmix; you don't want to turn this crumbly topping into a solid mass. Sprinkle the topping over the muffins.
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes, or until they're a pale golden brown. Remove them from the oven, and serve warm, or at room temperature.