Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great spiced cider for holiday entertaining. It was always a hit at parties in college.
- 1 gallon of your favorite apple cider
- 1 pint spiced rum
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- Heat cider and rum in a large pot on the stove or in a slow-cooker.
- Mix in other ingredients as mixture warms.
- Remove from burner or place slow-cooker on low and serve with a ladle.
This is a very quick and easy holiday drink to make. I'm not a huge Rum fan but it's great in this drink. I actually made it ahead of time, refrigerated it, and took it to my family's house where I warmed it again in a crock pot. It's a nice after-dinner drink and a great alternative to the traditional wine and beer!