Recipe by Manami
Chocoholics stick with me - I am sure I will give you a sugar high reading all my recipes! Can't help it! You guessed it - found this on hershey's.com. after I had, found & lost it, it was on the back of Hershey's Unsweetened Baking Chocolate (8 oz) package in 1995.
Top Review by Chamberienne
I made a batch of these to send to my boyfriend who's away at work, and wow, were they ever good! I had to keep the rest of the family away! Very easy to make, so rich and fudgey, and most importantly, they travel really well! VERY impressed with this one
- 4 ounces hershey's unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped into pieces
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 ounces hershey's unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped into pieces
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter 13x9x2" baking pan.
- In large microwave-safe bowl, place chocolate and butter.
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred.
- Add sugar; stir with spoon until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Add flour and nuts, if desired; stir until well blended.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out ALMOST clean.
- They are a little bit mushy!
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Chocolate Frosting:.
- In medium saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate, stirring constantly.
- Add marshmallows; stir frequently until melted. (Mixture will be very thick and will pull away from sides of pan.).
- Spoon mixture into small mixer bowl; beat in butter.
- Add sugar and vanilla alternately with milk; beat to desired consistency.
- Yield: 2-1/2 cups frosting.
- Frost brownies and then cut into squares.