Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Chocoholics stick with me - I am sure I will give you a sugar high reading all my recipes! Can't help it! You guessed it - found this on hershey's.com. after I had, found & lost it, it was on the back of Hershey's Unsweetened Baking Chocolate (8 oz) package in 1995.
- 4 ounces hershey's unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped into pieces
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 ounces hershey's unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped into pieces
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter 13x9x2" baking pan.
- In large microwave-safe bowl, place chocolate and butter.
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred.
- Add sugar; stir with spoon until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Add flour and nuts, if desired; stir until well blended.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out ALMOST clean.
- They are a little bit mushy!
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Chocolate Frosting:.
- In medium saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate, stirring constantly.
- Add marshmallows; stir frequently until melted. (Mixture will be very thick and will pull away from sides of pan.).
- Spoon mixture into small mixer bowl; beat in butter.
- Add sugar and vanilla alternately with milk; beat to desired consistency.
- Yield: 2-1/2 cups frosting.
- Frost brownies and then cut into squares.
I made a batch of these to send to my boyfriend who's away at work, and wow, were they ever good! I had to keep the rest of the family away! Very easy to make, so rich and fudgey, and most importantly, they travel really well! VERY impressed with this one
Ok, as far as fudgey and rich goes, these were off the charts gooey, tastey, and fantastic. I was craving chocolate one day and happened to have all the ingredients on hand (I made mine without nuts) I frosted them while they were still a bit warm. It was a bit of a mess, but that night, the next day, and the day after that I enjoyed some very yummy brownies. Just one very small piece was enough to satisfy this chocoholic's hard care craving.