1 hr 25 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
This is the easier-to-prepare version of the classic Hershey Bar Swirl Cake. The recipe comes from Hershey's Holiday Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix (with pudding in the mix)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (7 ounce) hershey's milk chocolate candy bars, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup Hershey's syrup
Milk Chocolate Glaze
- 1 (7 ounce) hershey's milk chocolate candy bars
- 2 tablespoons shortening (NOT butter, margarine, oil or spread)
- 1Preheat oven 350°F.
- 2Generously grease and flour pan 12 cup flute pan (I have found that when making a chocolate cake that COCOA works better than flour for dusting the pan).
- 3Prepare cake mix batter as directed on package with oil, water, and eggs.
- 4Remove 2 cups batter, stir in corn syrup and pecans.
- 5Place chocolate bar pieces and chocolate syrup in a small microwave safe bowl.
- 6Microwave on high 1 minute or until smooth when stirred.
- 7Blend into remaining plain batter; pour into prepared pan.
- 8Spoon Vanilla Nut batter evenly over top.
- 9Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- 10Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- 11Cool completely.
- 12Glaze with Milk Chocolate Glaze, allowing to drip down sides.
- 13GLAZE: Place chocolate bar pieces and shortening into micro-safe bowl on high (about 45 seconds) until melted when stirred.
- 14Cool slightly, glaze cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Hershey's Bar Swirl Cake and Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.7
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 61.4 mg
- Sodium 394.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 44.2 g
- Protein 7.7 g