Recipe by Barb G.
This is the easier-to-prepare version of the classic Hershey Bar Swirl Cake. The recipe comes from Hershey's Holiday Recipes.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix (with pudding in the mix)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (7 ounce) hershey's milk chocolate candy bars, broken into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup Hershey's syrup
Milk Chocolate Glaze
- 1 (7 ounce) hershey's milk chocolate candy bars
- 2 tablespoons shortening (NOT butter, margarine, oil or spread)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Generously grease and flour pan 12 cup flute pan (I have found that when making a chocolate cake that COCOA works better than flour for dusting the pan).
- Prepare cake mix batter as directed on package with oil, water, and eggs.
- Remove 2 cups batter, stir in corn syrup and pecans.
- Place chocolate bar pieces and chocolate syrup in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high 1 minute or until smooth when stirred.
- Blend into remaining plain batter; pour into prepared pan.
- Spoon Vanilla Nut batter evenly over top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Glaze with Milk Chocolate Glaze, allowing to drip down sides.
- GLAZE: Place chocolate bar pieces and shortening into micro-safe bowl on high (about 45 seconds) until melted when stirred.
- Cool slightly, glaze cake.