Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the easier-to-prepare version of the classic Hershey Bar Swirl Cake. The recipe comes from Hershey's Holiday Recipes.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix (with pudding in the mix)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 (7 ounce) hershey's milk chocolate candy bars, broken into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup Hershey's syrup
Milk Chocolate Glaze
- 1 (7 ounce) hershey's milk chocolate candy bars
- 2 tablespoons shortening (NOT butter, margarine, oil or spread)
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Generously grease and flour pan 12 cup flute pan (I have found that when making a chocolate cake that COCOA works better than flour for dusting the pan).
- Prepare cake mix batter as directed on package with oil, water, and eggs.
- Remove 2 cups batter, stir in corn syrup and pecans.
- Place chocolate bar pieces and chocolate syrup in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high 1 minute or until smooth when stirred.
- Blend into remaining plain batter; pour into prepared pan.
- Spoon Vanilla Nut batter evenly over top.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Glaze with Milk Chocolate Glaze, allowing to drip down sides.
- GLAZE: Place chocolate bar pieces and shortening into micro-safe bowl on high (about 45 seconds) until melted when stirred.
- Cool slightly, glaze cake.
My favorite cakes often start with cake mixes, so I knew that I would love this one. My family has already requested another one as soon as possible.
This is definitely easy and tasty...Very moist, and the glaze is to die for!! Really enjoyed, Barb, thanks so much for sharing...We'll be making this one again, soon!!
Unbelievably easy. I think it's the moistest cake I've ever made. What a hit!