Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are easy, tasty little buggers, sure to please both kids and adults alike. You can also use diced, mixed candied fruits instead of the raisins. I always use walnuts for the chopped nuts. YUM!!!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup currants
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- In mixing bowl, beat margarine or butter with electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add half of flour, brown sugar, egg, milk, vanilla, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Beat in remaining flour.
- Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart, onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in 375 degree oven about 10 minutes, until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool cookies on rack.
Good recipe! Hubbie loves hermits, and these made him happy!
These are really good, and very easy to make. They smell great when baking, and taste even better. I didn't add any nuts, so the kids would eat them too. They also loved them! Thanks!