Prep 50 mins
Cook 20 mins
this recipe comes from "better homes & gardens new diabetic cookbook"
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot roll mix
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- spray a 15 by 10 by 1-inch backing pan ar a 12-14 inch pizza pan with nostick coating;set aside.
- prepare the hot roll mix according to package directions for the basic dough,using the 1 egg and substituting the 2 tablespoons olive oil for the margarine. knead dough;allow to rest as directed.
- if using the large baking pan,roll dough into a 15 by 10-inch rectangle and carefully transfer to prepared pan.
- if using the pizza pan,roll dough into a 12-inch circle and carefully transfer to prepared pan.
- in a skillet cook onion & rosemary in the 2 teaspoons hot olive oil until tender.with fingertips,press indentations every inch or so in dough. top dough evenly with onion mixture.
- cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double(about 30 mins.).
- bake in a 375 degree oven for 15 to 20 mins or until golden.
- cool 10 min on a wire rack.
- remove focaccia from pan. cool completely.