Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy herbed biscuits are particularly good with poultry and pork. Feel free to vary the herbs to your tastes. Mayonnaise may seem an odd ingredient until you consider that it is made of eggs and oil. The batter is also great as a topping for pot pies in place of a rolled crust. Try substituting buttermilk for the milk to add a nice tangy flavor. Have your ingredients ready and mix up these biscuits as soon as the oven is hot. Incredibly fast and easy, with no rolling and cutting of dough.
- Preheat oven to 400*F. Spray nonstick a nonstick 12-cup muffin pan with vegetable oil.
- Whisk sage and thyme into the flour.
- Using a large dinner fork, stir in the mayonnaise and milk (or buttermilk) until combined. Do not overmix.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes until golden.
- My Note: Do not mix up the biscuits too far in advance in order to retain retain the action of the leavening powder. This recipe is particularly good with poultry and pork. Feel free to vary the herbs to your tastes. The batter is also great as a topping for pot pies in place of a rolled crust.
- This was amazing from beginning to eating. I had guests for dinner the first time I tried it. I doubled the batch, opted for butter milk, and used fresh herbs from my wifes garden. I served the biscuits with home made spaghetti instead of the normal garlic or french bread. I went really well. One of my guests does not cook. After watching me make it, she remarked "Even I could make that." At the end of the evening, she asked to take the left over biscuits home, and asked for the recipie. She attends a church that has monthly potluck lunches. She says now she can bring something to the potluck that does not come pre made from the store.
- In my oven, I had to cook them for 17 minutes to get a nice brown. I would not hesitate to serve this to guest, or even enter it into competition ( county fair, etc.) and have the confidence they would do very well.I am looking forward to using them with my all time favorite, good ol biscuits and gravy.