Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy and filling. Idea came from an old Weight Watchers recipe. For best results, use vegetable bouillon or base without caramel color in order to makes a clear broth.
- 6 cups water
- 6 low-sodium vegetable bouillon cubes (or 3 double bouillon cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped or pressed
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, peeled and diced
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 cup portabella mushroom, washed and sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, stems removed
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Add bouillon to water according to package directions, heat until cubes are dissolved to make broth. Set aside.
- Spray another pot with cooking spray. Saute onions, garlic, celery, carrots, and bell pepper together until onions are translucent. Add small amounts of water to prevent drying while sauteing.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, spinach, lemon juice and the broth. Stir, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender. Salt and pepper to taste.