Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a dead easy chicken soup recipe that is very filling. Sometimes I'll throw in some cooked peas or broccoli at the end of cooking as well. This soup usually requires a fair amount of salt - I've been conservative in the measurement here, so taste before serving and adjust as required. Serve with warm bread and a side salad for a great meal!
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 can chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- Put potatoes, carrots, chicken stock, and spices into a crock pot.
- Add water to ensure vegetables are covered.
- Heat on medium until veggies are tender (approx. 1 1/2 hours).
- Using a handheld blender or a potato masher, mash veggies/stock until smooth.
- Add water or chicken stock if resulting mixture is too thick; adjust seasoning.
- Add chicken and allow soup to simmer until ready to serve.