Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
hearty chicken pot pie influenced by German, Polish, and Swedish heritages
Make and share this Easy Hearty Chicken Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 1 small onion, cut up
- 2 carrots, cut in julienne strips
- 1 cup fresh peas or 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- cook chicken, onion,carrots, and peas in 2 cups simmering salted water and wine until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, reserving broth. Cut chicken into pieces. In a large skillet, melt butter. Blend in flour, salt and Kitchen Bouquet. Add reserved broth all at once. Cook and stir until bubbly and thick. Stir in chicken and vegetables and pour into 2-quart casserole.fit and shape pie crust to cover casserole. Brush with Kitchen Bouquet. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.