Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an adaptation from my other pizza crust recipe. This one is 10x healthier, and just as easy! Yum! Note: Altitude can affect how much moisure is absorbed in this recipe. DONT OMIT THE SUGAR, IT HELPS ACTIVATE THE YEAST! (in response to a review)
- 100 ml whole wheat flour
- 4.92 ml instant yeast
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 1 ml salt (less than 1/8 tsp)
- 75 ml warm water (or a bit more)
- 30 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml ground flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a large bowl, stir together first 4 ingredients.
- Pour warm water into first 4 ingredients, mixing strongly.
- Add flaxseed first, then add additional flour and stir until dough forms a ball, noting that not all the flour will likely be picked up by the dough ball.
- gently knead dough on floured surface until smooth.
- Cover and let rise for 5 minutes.
- grease 9inch pie plate, and spread dough in it.
- put on tomato sauce, toppings, then cheese, and put in oven for 15-20 minutes.
First, This stuff is fantastic and super healthy, but really who wants to be that healthy? i pre-cook the crust for about 7-10 min and let is rise for WAY longer, then topped it with some gravy, mashed taters, corn, chicken (cooked in the crock yesterday) with a little Romano cheese. YUMMY time. I always 4x this recipe and makes two perfect pizzas. the leftovers are better than anything, yet there never seem to be any. Thanks!!
Easy, fast, healthy, AND tasty. Wonderful recipe.
I thought this was a fabulous recipe! I had to make some adjustments--first of all, converting the measurements to US was a bit tough but it all worked out in the end! I didn't have any flax in the house (made this at the last minute) so I had to leave it out! I added garlic powder & italian seas to the crust, and used part white & oat flour for more fiber. I used a 9 inch bar pan & baked this in my toaster oven at 400 for about 12 min. I ate about 3/4 of it & gave the rest to my husband to taste-test as well. We both thought it was totally yummy. I thought the dough was pretty easy to work with--used a spoon but next time will pull out my hand mixer with the dough hooks:-). Thanks so much for sharing!!!!!!!
UPDATE: wasn't sure if I should share this, but after 1-2 tries I managed to come up with a THIN CRUST version. I love thin crust, and while this recipe on its own is not very thick, I decided to thin it up even more. If anyone would like me to share it, pls msg me & I'll share!