Recipe by I Can't Believe It's Healthy
This is an adaptation from my other pizza crust recipe. This one is 10x healthier, and just as easy! Yum! Note: Altitude can affect how much moisure is absorbed in this recipe. DONT OMIT THE SUGAR, IT HELPS ACTIVATE THE YEAST! (in response to a review)
Top Review by NE 420 Chef
First, This stuff is fantastic and super healthy, but really who wants to be that healthy? i pre-cook the crust for about 7-10 min and let is rise for WAY longer, then topped it with some gravy, mashed taters, corn, chicken (cooked in the crock yesterday) with a little Romano cheese. YUMMY time. I always 4x this recipe and makes two perfect pizzas. the leftovers are better than anything, yet there never seem to be any. Thanks!!
- 100 ml whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 ml salt (less than 1/8 tsp)
- 75 ml warm water (or a bit more)
- 30 ml all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a large bowl, stir together first 4 ingredients.
- Pour warm water into first 4 ingredients, mixing strongly.
- Add flaxseed first, then add additional flour and stir until dough forms a ball, noting that not all the flour will likely be picked up by the dough ball.
- gently knead dough on floured surface until smooth.
- Cover and let rise for 5 minutes.
- grease 9inch pie plate, and spread dough in it.
- put on tomato sauce, toppings, then cheese, and put in oven for 15-20 minutes.