1 hr 10 mins
I got this recipe out of a Cooking Light magazine and it is really good. The best part is - it is easier and healthier than most traditional manicottis. It has become one of the regular dinner around here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 16 ounces fat-free cottage cheese
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, chopped, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces manicotti (approx. 14)
- 26 ounces tomato and basil pasta sauce (or your favorite)
- 1 cup water
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2Combine 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella, cottage cheese, and next five ingredients (through pepper) in medium bowl.
- 3Fill and stuff each shell (will have enough mixture for all - so don't worry).
- 4Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with non-stick.
- 5Pour 1/2 of sauce on bottom.
- 6Arrange shells on top in single layer.
- 7Pour remaining sauce over shells.
- 8Pour water into dish.
- 9Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- 10Cover tightly with foil.
- 11Bake for 1 hour in preheated oven.
- 12Let stand for ten minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Healthy Meatless Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.3
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 582.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomato and basil pasta sauce