Recipe by LittleBitGranola
A quick, delicious, and healthy way to make any fruit crisp, not just mango crisp. The sweetness comes from dates rather than sugar. The amount of fruit is an estimate; it takes about 4 of the larger (green and red skinned) mangoes or 6 of the smaller (orange) mangoes. This recipe is a tropical twist inspired by a blueberry peach crisp recipe at whfoods.org.
- 3 cups ripe mangoes, scooped out from peel
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice or 1⁄4 cup other fruit juice
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1⁄4 cup rolled oats or 1⁄4 cup steel cut oats
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice or 2 tablespoons other fruit juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F.
- Slice mangoes into thirds vertically to remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh and place in an 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Top mango with quartered strawberries and drizzle with 1/4 cup pineapple juice (can also use canned pineapple).
- To make the topping, place remaining dry ingredients in a food processor and process until mixed but still slightly chunky. Add 2 tablespoons pineapple juice and briefly process to incorporate.
- Spread the topping mixture over the fruit.
- Bake for 45 minutes.