Recipe by Jeremy
A quick breakfast dish that is low in fat, cholesterol free, high in protein, and sure to please children and adults alike. I created this recipe from the egg toast my mom used to make with butter, white bread, and eggs, simply variating it to my preferences. It tastes exactly like hers, only I feel better eating it knowing that it's good for me.
Top Review by Sandra Hyde
I'd rate this 6 stars if I could. Its wonderful, especially for those of us who have problems with eating eggs. Very easy to make, One variation I made was to add a pinch of your favourite herb or a drop or two of tabasco sauce to the egg substitute. This make it really interesting.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, without hydrogenated oil (I prefer Nature's Own)
- spray butter
- egg substitute
- nonstick cooking spray
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a medium frying pan on medium heat after spraying it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Rip a hole in the middle of each slice of bread using a cookie cutter or just your fingers.
- Next, spray one side of each piece of bread and one side of the torn out bread with spray butter.
- Once the skillet is hot, place the bread on the skillet buttered side down and pour enough egg substitute into the hole to fill it.
- Put the torn out bread in the skillet buttered side down and spray the exposed sides of all the bread with spray butter.
- Once the bottom of the egg is set and the bread has turned a golden brown, sprinkle some salt and pepper onto it, if you like, and turn bread over with a spatula.
- Once the torn out bread has turned golden brown, turn it also.
- This may occur before the egg toast or after, you must simply check.
- Allow all bread to become golden brown and egg to become set, and serve alone or with other breakfast items.