Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Savory pancake, great any time of the day. I adore Sharon123's cottage cheese pancakes (#348917), so I modified it to something I can feel good about eating almost every day. I love to sprinkle a little bit of sea salt on these after they're done, and eat them with additional fat-free cottage cheese. My husband likes them with sugar-free pancake syrup. Sometimes I use butter instead of the cooking spray, but obviously that changes the calories a bit. ;)
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 6 egg whites or 3⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute or 4 whole eggs
- 1⁄2 cup ground oats or 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ (optional)
- non-fat cooking spray
- Combine the first four ingredients, and spray griddle with cooking spray.
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup of the mixture onto the hot griddle.
- Flip when the first side is golden, then remove from heat when the other side is golden. Serve.