Recipe by I Can't Believe It's Healthy
These flawless little snack bites are delicious, healthy, and super easy! there is lots of good, nutritious fat in this, and it is so easy! Great for a pot luck etc.
Top Review by flower7
Oh my, this is a dangerous recipe! I loved the combo of p.b. and Nutella, which was even better with the banana. I didn't have flax so skipped that. I tried with a marshmallow but it kind-of got lost in the other flavors. I forgot to try the cinnamon or honey but will be doing that next time. I also forgot about the heating option until I only had one sandwich left - wish I'd remembered sooner as that was a nice touch! I guess I'll just have to make these again soonest so I can try all the other variations I forgot about! :) Thanks for sharing!
- 1 small bananas or 1 medium banana
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons nutella or 2 teaspoons other chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 teaspoon flax seed (can be omitted)
- marshmallows (see below) or cinnamon (see below) or honey (see below) or chocolate, etc (see below)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice banana into little disks, about 1-1.5 cm thick.
- Mix the remaining ingredients, and dab the mixture onto half of the banana slices.
- Top each banana slice with a peanut butter mixture one, squishing together like a sandwich.
- Poke each mini sandwich with a tooth pick if you desire, or if you are serving at a banquet, pot luck or lunch-in.
- Fun Ideas: Pop these in the microwave for a couple of seconds to warm the peanut butter and nutella---heavenly!(though make sure not to put them in for too long -- they break apart) To make these kid friendly, poke the toothpick through a mini marshmallow (colourful ones are more fun!) before poking through the banana. or, you can melt some chocolate and add to the peanut butter nutella mixture or drizzle it on top! I've also tried sprinkeling the tops with cinnamon, or drizzeling with honey, they are great too!