Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These flawless little snack bites are delicious, healthy, and super easy! there is lots of good, nutritious fat in this, and it is so easy! Great for a pot luck etc.
- 1 small bananas or 1 medium banana
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons nutella or 2 teaspoons other chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 teaspoon flax seed (can be omitted)
- marshmallows (see below) or cinnamon (see below) or honey (see below) or chocolate, etc (see below)
- Slice banana into little disks, about 1-1.5 cm thick.
- Mix the remaining ingredients, and dab the mixture onto half of the banana slices.
- Top each banana slice with a peanut butter mixture one, squishing together like a sandwich.
- Poke each mini sandwich with a tooth pick if you desire, or if you are serving at a banquet, pot luck or lunch-in.
- Fun Ideas: Pop these in the microwave for a couple of seconds to warm the peanut butter and nutella---heavenly!(though make sure not to put them in for too long -- they break apart) To make these kid friendly, poke the toothpick through a mini marshmallow (colourful ones are more fun!) before poking through the banana. or, you can melt some chocolate and add to the peanut butter nutella mixture or drizzle it on top! I've also tried sprinkeling the tops with cinnamon, or drizzeling with honey, they are great too!
Oh my, this is a dangerous recipe! I loved the combo of p.b. and Nutella, which was even better with the banana. I didn't have flax so skipped that. I tried with a marshmallow but it kind-of got lost in the other flavors. I forgot to try the cinnamon or honey but will be doing that next time. I also forgot about the heating option until I only had one sandwich left - wish I'd remembered sooner as that was a nice touch! I guess I'll just have to make these again soonest so I can try all the other variations I forgot about! :) Thanks for sharing!
Oh WOW!! If you can believe it, these are even better than they sound (even though they sound really good)! The combination of the peanut butter with the Nutella is out of this world. I also liked the cinnamon option, but not the marshmallow as much. For the heating option, I couldn't get the amount of time right, 5 seconds was too little and 10 seconds was too much. I'll have to play with that. These went great on crackers too. A definite new favorite!
Super simple, low carb & delicious. I was looking for yummy recipes that incorporated flax seed. Thanks for sharing. [Made & Reviewed for Healthy Choices Tag]