Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I think my mother made this up back in the dieting days. It's great to satisfy a sweet tooth, quick and easy, and can be manipulated in so many ways. I like to add slightly less cinnamon than usual, and add in ginger, vanilla and cloves for a kick. All amount are approximate, this is very much an "eyeball it" recipe!
- 1 apple, should be baking appropriate
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese (fat-free is healthiest)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (again, fat-free is best)
- 1⁄8 cup walnuts or 1⁄8 cup other nuts
- 1⁄2 banana
- Wash, core and dice apple; dice can be very large, as they will reduce in size during baking.
- Place in a microwave-safe dish and cover liberally with spice (s).
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave on full power for 5 minutes.
- While it cooks, chop up the nuts and banana.
- Remove apple from microwave and carefully remove plastic.
- Add in the walnuts, banana, cottage cheese and sour cream and stir all ingredients together.
This is a really tasty and healthy snack! I put my apple in a microwave safe glass bowl with a lid because I don't like to put plastic wrap in the microwave. I used fat free ricotta instead of the cottage cheese (personal preference - I don't like the texture of cottage cheese) and fat free sour cream. This made a really creamy slightly sweet dish. A great easy snack!