Recipe by Syin
Aglio Olio is one of my favourite pastas - it really allows the taste of the pasta to shine through. But I noticed that most Aglio Olio recipes here are quite high in fat or carbs. So I'm posting my own, healthier version.
- 1 cup pasta, cooked (linguine is best)
- 5 tablespoons reserved pasta water, with salt
- 15 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 large red chile, deseeded and quartered
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss your garlic, onion, chili, parsley, lemon juice and black peppercorns in a food processor and pulse until everything is chopped up.
- Add olive oil into a heated wok. Add your garlic mixture and stir until the garlic is golden brown and fragrant.
- Add pasta and mix thoroughly.
- Add your reserved pasta water and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt, to taste. Mix thoroughly.
- Serve with grated cheese and a lashing of Tabasco sauce, if desired.