Aglio Olio is one of my favourite pastas - it really allows the taste of the pasta to shine through. But I noticed that most Aglio Olio recipes here are quite high in fat or carbs. So I'm posting my own, healthier version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup pasta, cooked (linguine is best)
- 5 tablespoons reserved pasta water, with salt
- 15 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 large red chile, deseeded and quartered
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1Toss your garlic, onion, chili, parsley, lemon juice and black peppercorns in a food processor and pulse until everything is chopped up.
- 2Add olive oil into a heated wok. Add your garlic mixture and stir until the garlic is golden brown and fragrant.
- 3Add pasta and mix thoroughly.
- 4Add your reserved pasta water and mix thoroughly.
- 5Add salt, to taste. Mix thoroughly.
- 6Serve with grated cheese and a lashing of Tabasco sauce, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Healthier Aglio Olio
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.0
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 8.5 g