Recipe by Travelvixen
I like this recipe because it is very easy to make, very good for me if I don't add the butter and quite delicious. I also enjoy the ending when the cooked squash seemingly turns into spaghetti!
- 1 (1 lb) spaghetti squash
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- 3 -4 tablespoons dark honey (warmed slightly to be runny) or 3 -4 tablespoons maple syrup (may be substituted if you are out of honey)
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and clean out seeds.
- Do not peel, do not chop.
- Simply mix the minced ginger with the warmed honey or maple syrup (I prefer the honey) and spread generously on each cleaned out half of the squash.
- Bake uncovered, cut side up on a cookie sheet in the center of the oven for 20-30 minutes or until it becomes slightly golden, but not burned.
- Remove from oven and using a fork, scrape out the squash in"spaghetti strands" onto a serving plate.
- If you are feeling decadent or entertaining, you can add a small dollop of butter on the very top, but it should taste great without.
- Bon appetit!