Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a woman that used to live in Hawaii and it is absolutely amazing! I use miracle whip for the recipe but it originally called for mayonnaise, which i don't care for so either can be used according to your preference. It is very good grilled on jalapeno cheese bread with havarti cheese.
- 2 lbs shredded chicken breasts
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) bag sliced almonds
- 2⁄3 cup Miracle Whip or 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- Boil chicken breasts until cooked thoroughly. Run cold water over chicken until cool then shred or cut.
- Mix remaining ingredients in with chicken and enjoy!
Awesome chicken salad. Its moist, sweet and crunchy. I made this as written, using the mayonnaise. This goes great in a flatbread wrap or just on a bed of lettuce. Thanx for posting!