Recipe by HouseDragon
A recipe from my Mr. Yoshida's Fine Sauces Cookbook which I haven't tried yet. This could be chicken kabobs: cut the chicken into cubes and thread on soaked skewers with fresh pineapple cubes. I'd serve this with rice, grilled corn on the cob, grilled tomato halves, and garlic bread. Preparation time includes 30 minutes refrigeration time.
Top Review by Carrie in Indiana
My DH and my MIL loved this recipe...as did I. I agree the sauce was awesome and though we do like things spicy...there was a bit to much red pepper flakes in it for our taste. We lessen it each time we make it. But the key is, we KEEP making it!!
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup Yoshida gourmet sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix cornstarch with pineapple juice, stirring to dissolve.
- Add Gourmet Sauce, olive oil, and crushed red pepper, stirring well.
- Place chicken in a zip bag; pour marinade over chicken and shake bag.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium low.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring marinade to a boil and simmer gently until thickened.
- Serve chicken with heated sauce.