Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great Summer cake! Easy and delicious! Enjoy!
Easy Hawaiian Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar (I use 1 and 3/4)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 (20 ounce) canundrained crushed pineapple
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Easy Hawaiian Cake Icing
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- For cake: Mix all ingredients together by hand.
- Pour into greased 9x13x2 inch pan.
- If using glass pan, bake at 325 degrees.
- Otherwise, bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Check for doneness using toothpick.
- For icing: Mix all ingredients together and frost cool cake.
- Keep in refrigerator.
- Will keep for a long time.
I love this cake. My now deceased aunt made it when we were visiting her. She sent me the recipe but it was lost so I was very happy when I found this. I make it according to the directions using pineapple in it's own juice.