Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from an old issue of "Taste of Home" magazine. They are quick and easy and go great with ham slices. Good for breakfast or supper.
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Place the hash browns in a strainer, rinse with cold water until thawed. Drain thoroughly; transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the flour, eggs, butter, water, and salt; mix well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/3 cupfuls into oil; fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
These were wonderful. I used some refrigerated hash browns, Simply Potatoes, and they worked great! These were so tasty and easy to make. Thanks for posting.
Made these for our weekly 'breakfast for dinner' with eggs, bacon and toast and they were a perfect addition! I liked that they got crispy on the outside and cooked all the way through. Will be making these again since they are so easy. Only change I made was to add a little seasoned salt in the mix. Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
making these right now.. added scallions,little extra salt,pepper and garlic powder.. they arent like the real potato pancakes but they are really good and easy to do.. some sour cream and applesauce, and your good to go!